Remove this ad

rhapso

Site Admin

Lead

Feb 11 06 8:15 AM

Tags : :

Don't forget that the goal of LQ is to have the essential tools for image editing. It is not a professional application.

Which new features do you want in the next release of LQ? (Result)

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Feb 20 06 11:14 AM

it would be helpful to open this forum for everybody, and not only for registered folx.. I just registered to tell you so. actually I was close to leave again cause I didn't want to register at all. You can change it any time you want, but for now, it would make this forum much mor atractive if guest postings were possible everywhere. As soon as there is an actual comunity, you may want to thange that setting back to "registered Members only", but if there is no content, why should one bother to register?!

...guess you got the point :-)

...btw, I didn't get a chance to test your tool yet, since it won't even start on my machine. I was looking for System requirements, haven't found 'em yet..

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#5 [url]

Feb 20 06 7:12 PM

Thanks for the tip. I am new to forum administration. I am going to change the setting immediately because I want the forum to be very opened to everyone.
For the System Requirements Here they are:

Minimal configuration

. MacOS 10.4.0
. PowerPC G4 processor or Intel processor
. 256 MB RAM
. Quartz Extreme compatible graphic card
. Screen Resolution : 800 x 600

Note : CoreImage API automatically uses the CPU on video cards that do not support CoreImage.

Recommended configuration

. MacOS 10.4.3
. IBM G5 processor or Intel Core Duo processor
. 1GB RAM
. CoreImage compatible graphic cards:
• ATI Mobility Radeon 9700
• ATI Radeon 9550, 9650, 9600, 9600 XT, 9800 XT, X600 Pro, X600 XT, X800 XT
• nVidia GeForce FX Go 5200
• nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra
• nVidia GeForce 6600, 6800 Ultra DDL, 6800 GT DDL, 7800 GT
• nVidia Quadro FX 4500
. Screen Resolution : 1280 x 800

drpepper wrote:
it would be helpful to open this forum for everybody, and not only for registered folx.. I just registered to tell you so. actually I was close to leave again cause I didn't want to register at all. You can change it any time you want, but for now, it would make this forum much mor atractive if guest postings were possible everywhere. As soon as there is an actual comunity, you may want to thange that setting back to "registered Members only", but if there is no content, why should one bother to register?!

...guess you got the point :-)

...btw, I didn't get a chance to test your tool yet, since it won't even start on my machine. I was looking for System requirements, haven't found 'em yet..

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#7 [url]

Mar 19 06 6:54 PM

For the moment , they are not available but I will make them available when I release next release of LiveQuartz.
Thank you for the suggestion.

Romain.

thrunner wrote:
Are the older versions available? You have version 1.0b1 from 5/05 to 1.51 present. Some users are not able to run newer versions. Is it possible to have access to older version?
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/26615
There is only 1.5.1 here.

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#8 [url]

Apr 2 06 7:26 AM

thrunner wrote:
Are the older versions available? You have version 1.0b1 from 5/05 to 1.51 present. Some users are not able to run newer versions. Is it possible to have access to older version?
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/26615
There is only 1.5.1 here.

I have just put older versions of LiveQuartz on the web.
You can download them here : http://www.livequartz.com/?menu=livequartz_download.
If someone want to use a LiveQuartz on panther, there is a very old build "iMage alpha 1" which has only layers handling here:

hhttp://www.livequartz.com/site/livequartz/download/download.php?file=iMage_a1.dmg (84KB)

Romain.

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#9 [url]

Apr 5 06 5:26 AM

Thank's for the feedback

Great progress toward a very cool application!

I'm using Version 1.5.1 (13) of LiveQuartz for a few minutes now, and
notice some things that need adjustments:
    1) in your about dialogue have a URL to your contact info, like this forum,
    or homepage, something. I know its in the "help" menu. But I was looking for the "Wow tell me who made this masterpiece" link.
    2) Please allow users to make some of the interface fonts, previews, and buttons smaller and condense all that information. Its huge. Specifically the filters previews and layer names. Allowing for lists with only on/off toggle and name of layer in small font would be very good.

3) Take filter Previews and make smaller and drop them as icons next to the lower right of the layer icon:

?? Image icon & name
    ... .. ?? Filter icon & name

Filters seem to only apply per layer, is that correct?
    Currently each group of filters reveals with each layer selection but it might also help most to only show them with with the layer you are selecting, ie on the same side of the screen.

4) If I stretch the application to full screen, the drawer will go under the monitor.

5) Selection tools should be able to begin selection on the outside of visible image rectangle, ie, mouse down in the canvas.

6) Do what ever makes you happy because that seems to be working well so far.

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#10 [url]

Apr 14 06 5:00 AM

only120xs wrote:
only120xs wrote:
I just downloaded the program, but here are 2 things that would make me keep it:

1. Resizing; the ability to change the image resolution, dpi, etc.

2. jpeg settings when saving.

Thanks!

Why are these features totally absent from every decent little app, and no one seems to want to add them? Is it difficult??

The point number 2 will be addressed soon Stay tuned.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#11 [url]

Sep 25 06 3:10 PM

Concat or Link pictures together

I love your lasso tool that is able to resize, rotate and move copied image into another picture.
I would love for you to include another feature that would do this:

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#12 [url]

Sep 27 06 3:31 PM

Re: Concat or Link pictures together

There is no automatic way to do this.
But you can obtain the same result if you drag all the images into the layers list, and then drag each of them to the desired place with the arrow tool.
Romain.

FishNrib2 wrote:
I love your lasso tool that is able to resize, rotate and move copied image into another picture.
I would love for you to include another feature that would do this:

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Nov 8 06 2:44 PM

[quote="only120xs"]Thanks.

About the resizing: I guess you sort of can change the size, but only in a very convoluted way... you can change the scale of the image and then crop it. This makes little sense to me... If I'm missing something regarding the usefulness of the scale tool, maybe you could just add a checkbox under it that says "image resize" or something and then the scale tool can have multiple functions.quote]

I love the rotate wheel and image resizing bar using your lasso tool. I can now catch a world record fish by using my computer and your software. That is a 12" bass that looks like a 20 pounder. I left the yellowtail exposed so I will remember that it isn't real.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

May 1 07 4:28 PM

Fix quirky font/text tool

Great application. The key weakness is the quirky font/text tool which doesn't remember your last font selection and forces you back into that really awful default font.

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

May 6 07 11:37 PM

Better text/font interface that remembers the last font used, color, size, etc. Currently it goes back to system default, the large ugly font face which is likely nobody's preferred default.

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

May 24 07 8:09 AM

I'm really fond of this app. Congratulations

When using it, I miss some of this features :
- The ability to merge only selected layers
- A way to apply the same filter (with the same parmeters) to the selected layers
- A better integration to modify police parameters.

Regards

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

May 31 07 6:43 PM

I am really looking forward to the future of this product.

Things I feel are important include:

1) Ability to create masks by clicking point-to-point rather than click and drag.
2) Add to or subrtract from an existing mask (ie: shift click to add to existing mask, "invert mask" to subtract.
3) floating info window with:
a) cmyk%, rgb% readout under cursor.
b) x,y cursor position and delta x,y for rectagle size
Floating window will allow user to adjust color values while reading %'s

4) High DPI files and the ability to change resolution and scale images.

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Aug 27 07 10:51 PM

- Drop shadows
- Brush pressure
- Fixed size crope

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help