Remove this ad

Lead

Jan 12 13 6:13 AM

Tags : :

I edit one of my images in LQ, save it, and it saves OK. After a few more edits, simply changing a text field, eventually I get this error:
The document “Boys - Yeehaa” could not be saved. Name is too long.

Once this happens, I cannot save the file, cannot rename it, and cannot revert. If I try to quit LQ, I get that error and it won't quit. I have to force quit it.

I'm running version 2.0.3 (409) on OS X 10.8.2
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

rhapso

#1 [url]

Jan 16 13 7:09 AM

Re: Unable to save file, unable to quit LQ2

ACABThomas wrote:
I edit one of my images in LQ, save it, and it saves OK. After a few more edits, simply changing a text field, eventually I get this error:
The document “Boys - Yeehaa” could not be saved. Name is too long.

Once this happens, I cannot save the file, cannot rename it, and cannot revert. If I try to quit LQ, I get that error and it won't quit. I have to force quit it.

I'm running version 2.0.3 (409) on OS X 10.8.2

Could you try to "Browse All Versions..." to find the last version that does not have the issue ?
Is there a layer name or text layer longer than 255 characters ?

If you are completely blocked on that document, quit LQ by maintaining 'alt' key so that it closes all your windows.
Then try to find it on your hard drive and reopen it.

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Jan 16 13 7:12 PM

Seems to be caused by a text layer

Thanks, your reply led me to look at the layer names - I didn't know layers had names, and the error message made me think the filename was too long.
Looking at layer names, they all look short, but I noticed that layers that were created by the Text Tool do not have a name. I then edited the text within the layer, added some spaces, and it caused the problem during save. If I then removed those spaces, I could save again just fine.
So apparently if you have too much text in a text field, you'll run into this error when you go to save the document. Note that there is no warning about too much text, no mention of text limits, and no mention of text fields in the error message.

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#3 [url]

Jan 16 13 11:53 PM

Re: Seems to be caused by a text layer

ACABThomas wrote:
Thanks, your reply led me to look at the layer names - I didn't know layers had names, and the error message made me think the filename was too long.
Looking at layer names, they all look short, but I noticed that layers that were created by the Text Tool do not have a name. I then edited the text within the layer, added some spaces, and it caused the problem during save. If I then removed those spaces, I could save again just fine.
So apparently if you have too much text in a text field, you'll run into this error when you go to save the document. Note that there is no warning about too much text, no mention of text limits, and no mention of text fields in the error message.

Yes you're right. The 255 characters limitation needs to be removed. It is in my to do list.

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#4 [url]

Apr 20 13 9:35 AM

rhapso wrote:

ACABThomas wrote:Thanks, your reply led me to look at the layer names - I didn't know layers had names, and the error message made me think the filename was too long.

Yes you're right. The 255 characters limitation needs to be removed. It is in my to do list.

LiveQuartz 2.1 has no more limitation.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help