Remove this ad

Lead

Feb 16 08 11:46 AM

Tags : :

Hi, I'm just running the German version, and one apparent untranslated part that regulary comes to my eyes is "Adding image" when a new image is pasted. It should be "Bild wird eingefügt...", "Bild wird hinzugefügt..." or "Bild einfügen..." / "Bild hinzufügen...".
I hope you found that helpful, overall the localization is better than in several commercial products. Keep it up!
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

rhapso

#1 [url]

Feb 17 08 6:22 AM

Re: Localization errors

You're right, this was not translated. It will in the next release of LQ.
Thank you for your feedback.

Waluigi wrote:
Hi, I'm just running the German version, and one apparent untranslated part that regulary comes to my eyes is "Adding image" when a new image is pasted. It should be "Bild wird eingefügt...", "Bild wird hinzugefügt..." or "Bild einfügen..." / "Bild hinzufügen...".
I hope you found that helpful, overall the localization is better than in several commercial products. Keep it up!

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 17 08 2:46 PM

It's great to see how well this forum is taken care of, I'll keep on posting.
I just found this: When you want to save an image as JPEG or JPEG-2000, you can adujst the "Quality" which should be "Qualität".

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Mar 20 08 12:11 PM

I just discovered that there seems to be ö,ü,ä issues, too. For example in the "overwrite file" dialog the üs are missing:

"Ihr ursprŸngliches Bild wird durch diese neue Version Ÿberschrieben."

It should be:

"Ihr ursprüŸngliches Bild wird durch diese neue Version Ÿüberschrieben."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

rhapso

#6 [url]

Apr 3 08 4:45 AM

Re: 1.8

The "overwrite file" string problem will be fixed in 1.8. The German and Spanish localization files were not in Unicode.
I have not translated certain strings because some of them like compression and quality should be replaced by system's one in the future.
The localisation is possible for the main window, the preference window, all the menus and some alerts.
Romain.

Waluigi wrote:
In the 1.7.3 release the errors persist, I suppose this will be different in the upcoming 1.8 release.

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

May 13 08 12:38 AM

I discovered that the Filter parameters (such as "Brightness", "Saturation") are still untranslated (English).
If I can somehow contribute to fixing this please let me know.

Quote    Reply   

rhapso

#8 [url]

May 13 08 6:16 AM

Thank you for your proposal but all filters strings are dynamically handled by CoreImage (MacOS) so I could not modify them.
A workaround for this may be that I would replace my custom views for filter parameters with the new Leopard CoreImage views but I need to study if I would not loose some power in the changing.

Waluigi wrote:
I discovered that the Filter parameters (such as "Brightness", "Saturation") are still untranslated (English).
If I can somehow contribute to fixing this please let me know.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help